How large of an image can I process with EZ Mask v2?
Posted by Marco Paolini on 18 November 2009 10:14 PM
How large of an image you can use in EZ Mask v2 depends on a few factors:|
On a system with 2 GB of RAM, we have been able to process 30 megapixel 16 bit images with no other programs running except for Photoshop. Larger images could be processed with more available RAM as well as using the 64 bit version of Photoshop.
- The amount of available RAM
- Whether you are using a 64 bit version of Photoshop
- How many programs are open
- Whether the image is 8 or 16 bit
- How fragmented your RAM has become in the course of your Photoshop session
To use EZ Mask with the largest possible image size:
- Close all running programs except Photoshop
- Restart Photoshop to defragment RAM