Both EZ Mask and Power Mask are masking tools capable of extracting almost any object in an image--even if you are dealing with fine hair detail, smoke, or reflections. EZ Mask requires less user input, but a rendering step is required. Power Mask requires more user interaction, but creates the mask in real time as you work and therefore does not require a final rendering step.
- Draw strokes to quickly define foreground and background areas followed by a processing step.
- Use an interactive Refine mode to fine tune the mask.
- Ability to work at proxy resolutions (smaller than full size) for faster interaction.
- Uses less RAM than Power Mask and can work on images about double the size of those in Power Mask.
- Requires full resolution rendering once the mask is completed if working at a proxy resolution.
- Better for complicated images where tracing the object, as required in Power Mask, would be tedious.
- Paint along the edge of the object to be extracted, and either the mask or the final composite is revealed instantly.
- Fill open areas in the mask.
- Fine tune the mask.
- Real-time mask processing while drawing brush strokes.
- Works at full resolution only.
- Uses more RAM than EZ Mask and can work on images about half the size of those in EZ Mask.
- No rendering step is needed once the mask is completed.